IT & GIS application division is a very recently formed division of the institute. Earlier it was functioning as IT Cell. The division is having following objectives:
- To plan and develop IT oriented research projects in the field of forestry and allied sciences.
- In order to keep pace with the changing trends of information technology, time to time assess the existing IT infrastructure and plan for regular updation.
- To develop and maintain an integrated portal of the institute.
- Time to time conduction of computer awareness training courses at various levels.
- To monitor the implementation of e-governance project.
- To assure the smooth functioning of LAN and provide online facility to the users.
- To manage video conferencing sessions.
The institute has taken lead in the implementation of e-Governance program envisaged by the ICFRE. At present we are having 65 numbers of computers. Each and every official of the institute is having computer facility at its desk and all these computers are connected through 100 MBPS LAN. The institute’s network is connected to headquarter ICFRE and other institutes of ICFRE, through Layer-3 Multi Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN. MPLS-VPN is being used to access Indian Forestry Research & Information System (IFRIS) applications, videoconferencing, FTP and other Intranet applications.
- Development of information management system for data archival retrival, analysis and dissemination.
- Forest conservation and monitoring studies employing GIS and remote sensing.
- Development of spatial decision support systems for interpretation and evaluation of vegetation and land use.
- Coordination and implementation of various IT related policy issues.
- Conduct IT awareness programs for the end users.
On Going Research Projects:
Risk Assessment of Lantana camara using Spatial Distribution Modeling Approach in Latehar [PI – Dr. Sharad Tiwari, Scientist – F; PP- 3 years (2016 – 2019); Budget – `. 18.98 lakh]
Preparation of Zonal Master Plan for Eco-sensitive Zone of Gautam Buddha Wildlife Sanctuary, Gaya, Bihar (SFD, Bihar; 2018-19)
The Division Team:
For further details please contact:
Dr. Sharad Tiwari, Scientist F & Head
IT and GIS Application Division,
Institute of Forest Productivity,
NH23, Gumla Road, Lalgutwa, Ranchi.
Phone: +91-651-2526142 (O), 9431766404 (M)
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org